Canadian developer of cloud-based unified security, public safety, traffic operations and business intelligence software systems Genetec Inc. is showcasing its latest technologies at multiple locations at the Smart City Expo World Congress 2018, taking place in Barcelona (Spain) from November 13-15.
Genetec is represented at six locations around the Smart City Expo show floor including demonstrations at technology partner stands with Axis Communications, Bouygues Energies & Services, Microsoft, Schréder, and IoT.ATL; as well as in the USA Pavilion with the City of San Diego and Atlanta.
At each of these locations, smart city systems are being showcased that demonstrate how the company’s software platforms can help improve the safety and flow of people and goods in any urban environment. Several demonstrations will highlight the company’s flagship product, Security Center, an open-architecture platform that unifies IP-based video surveillance, access control, automatic license plate recognition (ALPR), communications and analytics. Genetec’s demonstrations include:
• Swedish manufacturer of IP network cameras Axis Communications will showcase a range of systems, delivering safety and mobility in a city. Enhanced citizen safety and improved traffic flow are two essential pillars in any urban environment and provide the focus for the Axis solutions on show at Smart City Expo, along with real-world examples of its technology in action. The Genetec solutions being demonstrated at the Axis stand will include Traffic Sense, a management platform that gives traffic managers a complete picture of roadway incidents as they happen;
• French energy, digital and industrial transition specialist Bouygues Energies & Services will be presenting solutions that increase the efficiency of services to the city, with Genetec showcasing the integration of its Security Center unified management platform with Bouygues systems;
• Global computing systems developer Microsoft will be demonstrating how connected technologies can help cities become more sustainable, prosperous and inclusive. Genetec will showcase its Community Connect and Clearance digital management systems and demonstrate neighborhoods aligned to these solutions;
• Pioneer in intelligent outdoor lighting solutions, Belgian company Schréder will present smart street lights infrastructure that enables city planners to create open, fluid, connected and safer cities, with Genetec showcasing their integration with its Security Center, Intercom and Analytics systems;
• At the USA Pavilion, representatives from the City of Atlanta’s Internet of Things program, IoT.ATL, and the City of San Diego will demonstrate how they have deployed Genetec technology to create scalable smart cities, including projects using the Clearance and SaaS Cloud with Shotspotter systems.
“In order for citizens to benefit from a smart city, it must also be a safe city. For any urban environment, safety, security, and the flow of people and goods have always been a critical factor, driving the need for new, innovative technology,” noted Christian Chenard-Lemire, team lead for intelligent transport systems at Genetec.
“Through the open-architecture, unified security platform in our security center, and our other investigation management and decision support solutions, we are in a strong position to support cities in their goal towards a safer and smarter future.”