The Kapsch Group has announced that its three main subsidiaries will be highlighting the benefits of their pioneering smart mobility solutions for road and rail at a major European transport conference taking place in Austria this week (April 16-19).
Kapsch’s TrafficCom, CarrierCom and PublicTransportCom divisions are exhibiting at the Transport Research Arena (TRA) event in Vienna, and the company’s experts are presenting and will be discussing how the technology group contributes toward modern traffic management.
Hosted by the Austrian Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT), the Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT) and AustriaTech, together with the European Commission and the European Technology Platforms on Transport and Mobility, the seventh edition of TRA will focus on how the major trends of digitization, automatization and decarbonization will drastically change the way people live, work and use mobility and transport in the future, under the heading of ‘A Digital Era for Transport’.
Mobility in all its forms requires a wide variety of smart solutions and service offerings, and as a leading global expert in these types of intelligent mobility solutions (IMS), the Kapsch group focuses on integrated traffic and mobility services, including: real-time information on the status and availability of different means of transportation, alternative routes, air quality, and free parking spaces. The company’s three divisions are focused on different areas of mobility:
• TrafficCom is already developing the technologies and systems that will shape road mobility for the future;
• CarrierCom is a leading digitization partner in railway communications projects and is at the forefront of developing new technologies and solutions as a member of the EU’s Shift2Rail innovation program;
• PublicTransportCom’s app suite makes day-to-day life easier for travelers and transportation companies, through things such as modern mobile ticketing and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) options.
During TRA 2018, Georg Kapsch (right), CEO of the Kapsch Group, will discuss the impact of digitization on transportation and mobility. Other Kapsch experts will be making presentations at other sessions, including:
• Alexander Lewald, CTO of Kapsch TrafficCom – ‘Safe and Efficient Transport through Connectivity and Automation”;
• Oliver Brandl, from Kapsch TrafficCom’s business development solution center for connected vehicles – ‘Automated Transport: Enabling Methods and Technologies’;
• Michael Mikulandra, X2Rail-1 TD2.1 lead and head of industry appliance next generation at Kapsch CarrierCom – ‘Digitizing the Transport Systems’.
The company will also be presenting systems for:
• Smart urban mobility and integrated mobility management;
• An integrated mobility platform demonstration;
• Connected vehicles;
• Digitization in railway communications, including the showcasing of a next-generation driver’s cabin;
• The Mobi.mobile app suite for mobile ticketing.