Parkopedia is bringing together interconnected parking and charging technologies to transform the EV driver experience, starting in Europe and North America.
The company wants to transform the combined parking and charging experience for EV owners with the launch of ‘Park and Charge’, which will deliver the most comprehensive and accurate charging service available. EV owners would be able to accurately find, authorize, pay and manage charging sessions with ease, all in one place from within their vehicles.
With an existing database of 70 million parking spaces globally, Parkopedia’s high quality data will provide a unique and comprehensive service of parking and charging. The new Park and Charge service offers automakers a solution for their drivers that addresses the current driver pain points surrounding public charging, such as:
- Finding EV charger locations using market-leading, accurate POI data, including chargers located within inside indoor facilities without GPS
- Enabling in-vehicle EV charger activation, regardless of service provider
- Enabling in-vehicle EV charging payments, regardless of provider, as well as comprehensive reporting and billing systems
Park and Charge caters for the growing number of electric vehicles and the charging demands this will bring, into one easy to use interface. Park and Charge is able to bring together the current highly fragmented parking and charging value chain that brings friction to drivers, by utilising its interconnected products:
- Static data provides comprehensive parking and EV charger POI information including location, pricing and restrictions
- Dynamic data provides current and predictive parking and charger availability, delivered in real time
- Payments via a secure PCI compliant platform that enables Single Sign-On payments for parking and EV charging
- High-definition 3D maps of indoor parking facilities enable cars to navigate to indoor EV chargers where GPS is not available
By utilising existing assets, as well as aggregating industry players, such as Charge Point Operators (CPOs) and E-Mobility Service Providers (EMSPs), Parkopedia’s integrated in-car solution bridges the disconnect between parking and charging industries and services – overcoming the barriers to enable frictionless parking and charging in-car experiences for drivers.