WA State Department of Transportation
The Washington State Department of Transportation’s (WSDOT) Olympic Region Program Management office is currently seeking an Office Support Engineer to assist with the delivery of the region’s Capital Improvement and Preservation program. The selected candidate will support the Program Development & Delivery Manager with balancing project and program budgets by monitoring authorizations and expenditures. To promote accountability and better manage change, the Office Support Engineer will communicate and exchange current project information and monitor the work performed by the Project Offices and support groups, oversee project aging, and investigate project changes that impact cash flow.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Set up new projects by phase in the Capital Program Management System (CPMS), and monitor authorizations and expenditures.
- Monitor the Project Development process, oversee project aging, and investigate project changes that impact project cash flow.
- Prepare work orders for submittal.
- Update CPMS project files and project schedules.
- Prepare change management which is used to update the Transportation Executive Information System.
- Track project cash flow (aging) and project schedules, prepares information for monthly meetings, and responds to work order requests.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Two years of experience as a Transportation Technician 3 or equivalent.
- Skills to work independently and as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks.
- Experience successful multi-tasking in a high production, frequently changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to orally and in writing with project offices, other team members, support offices, and the public.
- Strong attention to detail to update project files and monitor authorizations and expenditures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding, interpreting, and tracking project deliverables, ideally in a construction and/or engineering environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook to compose professional documentation and reports.
The most desirable candidate will also have:
- Proficiency in working with the Work Order Authorization system, Transportation Executive Information System (TEIS), Capital Program Management System (CPMS), and Transportation Reporting and Accounting Information System (TRAINS).
- Work experience in Project Development and/or Construction Environment.
How to apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically.
To be considered for this position, please attach the following to your online application:
- A chronological Resume outlining your experience to date;
- A Cover Letter detailing your qualifications, and why you believe you are the best person for this role, and
- A minimum of three (3) professional references who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, knowledge base, and job-related competencies.
- Applications that do not have the above documents attached will not be considered.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Robyn Lovely at email@example.com. Please reference recruitment number 19DOT-OR-30706.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.