WA State Department of Transportation
** Please note that the current salary range reflects the Legislative approved general wage increase, effective July 1, 2019.
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Bridge and Structures Office is seeking a statewide technical specialist in support of the Washington State Bridge Inspection Program to fill a Bridge Engineer 4, In-training vacancy. This position will serve as a data steward responsible for data integrity and technical support for the Washington State Bridge Inventory System (WSBIS), in accordance with Federal Highway Administration and WSDOT requirements. This position will also be responsible for the semi-annual submittal of WSBIS data to the National Bridge Inventory and National Bridge Elements (NBI-NBE) as required by the Federal Highway Administration. The selected candidate also occasionally acts as an inspector for routine inspections during staff shortages or emergencies and therefore should be familiar with the bridge inspection process.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
Note: This position has an approved in-training plan, and can be filled at the Bridge Engineer 1-Bridge Engineer 4 levels based on the hiring managers discretion and qualification of the individual. Details and salaries for each classification are listed below.
Bridge Engineer 1 – $53,904.00-$72,432.00 Annually
Bridge Engineer 2 – $59,436.00-$79,944.00 Annually
Bridge Engineer 3 – $65,592.00-$88,236.00 Annually
Bridge Engineer 4 – $72,436.00-$97,392.00 Annually
This position will perform the following work:
- Maintain the integrity of the bridge inventory corporate database including reviews of data generated from the bridge inspection process prior to inclusion in the bridge inventory databases.
- Submit accurate and timely National Bridge Inventory submittals to the Federal Highway Administration.
- Oversee bridge ownership transfers between state and local agencies, and submitting data to the National Bridge Inventory.
- Maintain the suite of BridgeWorks/WSBIS applications and the BEISt internal website.
- Manage the activities and performance of technical staff that maintain bridge and tunnel data records.
- Prepare reports from Bridge Office databases for external and internal customers.
- Train inspection staff on data coding and operating the suite of BridgeWorks/WSBIS applications.
A candidate for this position must possess:
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Six years working with SQL databases in an enterprise environment.
- Valid driver’s license
An ideal candidate would have these preferred qualifications:
- Associate of Technical Arts degree in Database Management.
- 6+ years working as a data steward for SQL databases in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of application programming using C#.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click here. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Eirik Landes at LandesE@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 19DOT-HQ-01769.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.