WA State Department of Transportation
The Washington State Department of Transportation has a great opportunity to join our Maintenance Team at one of our most high profile facilities; the new SR-99 Tunnel. We are looking for an individual that is mechanically focused, innovative and enjoys new challenges. This person will work and learn with others on the most technologically advanced Tunnel in the United States.
This position is a full time, permanent position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits from day one, the option to be included in the statewide pension fund, and advancement opportunities. We encourage work/life balance and encourage our employees to take advantage of the ample time off available. The Washington State Department of Transportation is a great place to build a career.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
· Maintains, tests, and repairs the various mechanical equipment located throughout the SR 99 Tunnel and related facilities including not limited to: fire system valve stations, building HVAC, dampers, pumps, backflows, plumbing, facility piping, fire hydrants and standpipes, and sprinkler systems.
· Gas welding, arc welding, MIG (metal inert gas) welding, brazing, and fabrication with stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, and other alloys.
· Performs machine work to fabricate parts for repairs.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Valid WA State Driver’s License.
· Class B CDL without the air brakes restriction or ability to obtain with 6 months of fire
· Two years’ experience working in a trades listed below.
· Five or more years’ experience and Journey level status in trades such as Plumbing, HVAC, Pipefitting, Mechanical systems, Fire systems, Boiler systems
· Certification as a Backflow Tester.
· Working with computerized maintenance management systems.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please hit the large apply button at the top of this announcement, you may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position, you will need to answer the supplemental questions. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Josefina Mutascu at MutascJ@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 19DOT-NWR-12727.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.