WA State Department of Transportation
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Aberdeen Engineer’s Office is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Field Supervisor to direct multi-contract inspection and administration activities. As the Field supervisor you will also be responsible for providing supervision and guidance to inspectors and technicians in inspection procedures, requirements and materials documentation preparation. The successful candidate will be multifaceted and have the ability to effectively work both individually and within a diverse team environment.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Review inspector’s daily reports, pay notes, test reports, and miscellaneous documentation.
- Coordinate change order preparation.
- Monitor and maintain project schedule and coordinates the activities of support groups and other agencies and review internal and external project documents for WSDOT compliance.
- Review shop drawings and contractor’s work schedules.
- Provide supervision and guidance to team members, designers, and CADD operators; conducts regular team meetings and follow up on tasks with team members.
- Develop and maintain internal office project schedules and Project Management Plans (PMPs); tracks project expenditures, drafts correspondence and prepares reports for the Project Engineer’s signature.
An ideal candidate for this position is required to have:
- One year of experience as a Transportation Engineer 2 or equivalent (Such as Bridge Engineer 2 or Transportation Planning Specialist 2).
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering principles, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of construction practices and contract administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of contractor/owner relationships and basic contract law.
- Proven skills of researching and interpreting contract provisions, plans, drawings and details.
- Experience in communicating to multiple audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Skills to perform and check engineering calculations.
- Proven skill to examine, develop and propose alternate solutions to complex elements of a project.
- Proven skill in planning, scheduling and tracking the activities of tasks.
- Experience in reviewing engineering plans and specifications for compliance with established standards.
- Experience in working independently and prioritize workload and handle multiple assignments.
- Experience successfully lead and supervise a diverse team, including on‐time completion of Performance Management Programs (PMPs) for all individuals supervised.
- Ability to travel frequently for field visits, training, or for other business needs as they arise.
- A Bachelor’s degree with major study in civil engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, traffic, transportation or a closely related field is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with the ability to operate state vehicles.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click here. If you have not done so previously, you will need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions as well as attach a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Robyn Lovely at email@example.com. Please reference recruitment number 19DOT-OR-31007.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.