Website Verra Mobility
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility
Verra Mobility is looking for a Manager of Design and Engineering to join our team. This position will be based out of our Staten Island, NY office, report to our national Director of Construction to provide direct engineering support to our design team as well as design consultants across our 20+ state footprint. The right candidate will have a strong knowledge base in support of engineer compliance process development and management, and external vendor management experience.
Overall, this position is responsible for: (1) instituting and managing a quality assurance (QA) program to insure integrity of all site plans, (2) implementing a vendor management program to and overseeing all design, engineering and permitting firms used across our multi-state footprint, (3) partnering with a compliance manager to establish and maintain processes compliant with applicable jurisdictional laws, and (4) supporting creation of plan sets via Auto CAD. More specifically this position will:
- Apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of diversified tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
- Help manage engineering matters including design, planning, permitting, traffic studies, reporting and artifact management.
- Contribute to all functional elements of the company’s engineering and project execution initiatives.
- Engage with consultants, municipalities, development communities, regulators and industry groups.
- Review infrastructure and utility plans to ensure compliance with Design Guidelines and Specifications.
- Collaborate with Transitions Team project managers to execute internal and external projects from design through completion.
- Work with in-house CAD team with QA prior to submittals, updated red lines, and as built finalization.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of federal and New York law, as well as regulations governing engineering practices and techniques in states we do business.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and apply engineering standards and procedures, applicable federal and state rules and regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Consults with municipal, county, state, and federal agency officials regarding plans and priorities for existing and future programs.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- P.E. License: New York State, Professional Civil Engineer required
- Additional state registration is highly desired (Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia and Washington) or the credentials to achieve comity licensure in such states via a Model Law Engineer eligibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- Minimum 10 years’ licensed work experience with experience in traffic engineering and engineering management required
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values
Do What’s Right – We’ve committed to doing the right thing for each other and for our customers – integrity is our DNA
Lead With Grace – We embrace the importance of our colleagues and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
Own It – We foster a culture of accountability and excellence, where going the extra mile is standard practice.
Win Together – We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we win more when we include others and work together.
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-verramobility.icims.com.