AECOM is currently expanding its Local Roads Team in London following several major project wins across the UK and Europe. Its Transportation team currently has a vacancy for a Traffic Engineer.
The teams are located in Croydon, South London, and form part of the Local Roads team which has an established track record of successfully delivering traffic engineering projects.
AECOM is now looking to enhance and grow this team with individuals with a sound technical background that share its enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload and clients.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Undertaking traffic engineering studies in detailed design, taking responsibility for the contribution of Graduates and Technicians as appropriate
- Liaise and work with contractors and carry out site supervision
- Maintain/establish strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM’s transportation division
- Manage projects to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget
- Sharing knowledge and supporting Team Managers in mentoring junior staff
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team and fulfilling CDM designer responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and some experience of developing scoping, preliminary and detailed design solutions to traffic engineering problems
- Knowledge or awareness of cycling design, traffic calming, speed limit assessments, junction design, and footway and carriageway renewal design
- Knowledge of traffic signage and road marking design
- Knowledge of local and national design standards including, but not limited to; DMRB, TSRGD, Manual for Streets and Traffic Signs Manual
- Demonstrate an awareness of project management and project planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of Health & Safety and CDM regulations
- Demonstrate experience or understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office applications
- Knowledge or experience of feasibility, preliminary and detailed design
- Highway design experience
- Pavement design experienceKnowledge of traffic modelling software such as LINSIG, TRANSYT and VISSIM and the interpretation of modelling results
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Urban realm/design scheme experience
- Road safety engineering, audit or design experience
- Construction site experience and buildability awareness
- MS Project experience
BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Engineering, Mathematics or other spatial or numerical subject or HND in Civil Engineering
Your benefits will include
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
To apply for this job please visit aecom.jobs.