Be involved in projects with our Mid Atlantic Traffic Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Traffic Engineer. This position could work out of our Virginia Beach or Richmond office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Serve as Project Lead for the design, management and delivery of traffic engineering projects
- Develop concept level to final design traffic control device plans for construction/advertisement
- Perform traffic operations/safety/capacity studies
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a related traffic engineering position
- Experience with traffic control device design in signing, pavement markings, signals, lighting, maintenance of traffic and ITS design
- Experience with Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS) and Advanced Traffic Signal Controllers (ATC) including the development of a Concept of Operations
- Experience with traffic safety, operations and capacity analyses, signal optimization, corridor studies, and use of traffic simulation modeling (Vissim experience a plus)
- Special provisions, RFP and cost estimate development
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work on a team and perform projects with guidance and mentoring
- Hands-on experience with CADD software, including the most recent version of MicroStation and traffic engineering software such as GuidSign, SignCAD, HCS+, Synchro/Sim Traffic, VISSIM and ArcGIS
- VA PE registration
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.