SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join its team as a Senior Traffic Engineer.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area. On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems. On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
Education and experience:
– B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years’ experience since
– B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years’ experience since
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Experience working with FDOT is highly desirable.
– Good technical writing, computer and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project management training.
– Professional registrations:
– PE license is required
– Individual is required to have experience in engineering and preparation of traffic studies and traffic design plans.
– Individual must have knowledge of the operations and design requirements of limited and non-limited access facilities.
– Individual would be responsible for traffic studies preparation and traffic design plans review.
– Individual may be required to complete traffic design tasks ranging from the preparation of concept plans to final engineering documents.
– Individual must be able to communicate well with others as well as work well in a team environment.
– Position does require time management and organizational skills as the individual will be involved in multiples projects operating on multiple schedules.
Must be familiar with the following software packages:
– Microsoft Office Suite
– Adobe Acrobat Professional
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/ Females/Vet/Disability.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.