We are using AI to re-imagine traffic control.
About the Company:
Rapid Flow Technologies’ (www.rapidflow.com) mission is to improve people’s lives by using artificial intelligence (AI) to re-imagine mobility. Rapid Flow is an early stage AI company that was spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2015 and is based in Pittsburgh, PA – one of the leading markets for AI, robotics, and autonomous vehicle research and development.
By implementing Surtrac, our adaptive traffic control system, municipalities have reduced the causes of traffic congestion, pollution, and safety incidents by as much as 20-40%. Surtrac is an edge-computing AI solution installed at each intersection. It easily integrates with existing detection, traffic control, and communication systems.
About the Role:
At Rapid Flow Technologies, we are working to enhance our AI traffic control system (Surtrac) with a fully-automated setup and web management interface. Our front end team – RapidView – creates an experience that simplifies and manages Surtrac for internal, government, and other users. You will be an early member of the team, and as such will be critical to leading the design and development of planned features, helping determine new features and internal tools, and create processes that get us to our fully-automated goal. Additionally, you will prototype and help develop a new product for a mobile environment.
Front end design work includes customer tools for managing traffic controllers, cameras, in-ground loops, radar, other detection systems, network settings, showing performance statistics, and creating real-time settings visualizations. For managing hardware settings, you will create simple and intuitive displays and controls. For showing performance statistics, you will create new and informative displays of vehicle or traffic network data. Your real-time visualizations will help users understand how Surtrac works, and can help them spot issues with their hardware or setup.
An ideal candidate will also come up with creative solutions that minimize user interaction and provide high-level insights into daily operations. They will interact with the Hardware Interface team to automate configuration/setup and develop methods that leverage interface capabilities.
An ideal candidate also has experience in mobile development, and would be excited to lead or join the development of an early-stage app that is core to the future of the company.
- Be the lead front end design and developer for RapidView, the Surtrac management system
- Create features that give a picture of Surtrac operation at different abstraction levels (high-level, network, intersection, hardware-specific)
- Automate processes so that less setup is required to deploy Surtrac (via web or internal tools)
- Develop and test a mobile app or web app that integrates with Surtrac
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 5 years front-end design and engineering experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following:
front end design for enterprise users
building tools for automating software setup
building real-time data and settings visualizations
front end design for mobile phone/web apps
- MS degree in Computer Science
Experience leading front end feature design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Experience in design for real-time management/tracking systems.
- Have built tools to automate user setup and minimize user/node onboarding.
- Experience creating interactive animations that simply demonstrate the workings of complex systems/algorithms.
- Experience in mobile app prototyping and development involving maps, navigation, route-tracking.
To apply for this job please visit www.rapidflowtech.com.