A Transportation technology solutions provider
Iowa Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Western Operations Leader or ITS Director
FLA Status: Exempt
Location: Central Iowa (Ankeny/Des Moines Area)
· The SPM is responsible for the overall administration, organization and execution of assigned major technical projects and/or contract(s), to ensure that goals or objectives of the projects/contracts are accomplished, meeting customer and company expectations, within the project or contract prescribed performance metrics including schedule, resourcing and budget.
· Position requires the ability to manage staffing in the range of 15 up to 50+, including subcontractors and consultants.
· The SPM shall have direct control of specific projects that are assigned and could include state-wide or regional activities. The SPM’s responsibility includes but is not limited to planning and execution of resourcing, staffing, budgeting, execution and documentation of all aspects of the projects they are working on.
· SPM’s will work closely with senior management to make sure that the performance metrics of each project are met and the appropriate planning and innovation are being applied to assigned projects. As required, the SPM will call upon and request support in the execution of their projects anticipating needs for surge, augmented technical support of growth projections.
· Preparation of all documentation, including project schedules, standard operating procedures, technical manuals and reports for internal and external customers in the execution of their assigned projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Apply management techniques and innovation in oversight and leadership of assigned staff for the successful performance of assigned projects achieving customer satisfaction by attaining and/or exceeding project/contract performance metrics.
· Serve as the project focal point for communication and technical discussions with the customer, vendors, suppliers, consultants and/or subcontractors and other required functions.
· Lead staff and resource development to include hiring, mentoring, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions when necessary.
· Provides technical leadership and advice to assist field technical support.
· Responsible for the development of task orders and the oversight of the successful performance of such.
· Develop project budgets, costs and job estimates, schedules, and plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, risk assessment, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project.
· Manages project activity and status to ensure compliance with safety requirements, internal and external project contractual obligations.
· Identify and lead the development of required and or needed procedures and methods as they relate to the assigned projects, including developing, maintaining, and improving design and construction project management policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes
· Excellent leadership skills – The SPM is responsible for seeing the project through to a successful completion and leading a team(s) to achieve project goals.
· Excellent communication skills – Establishing clear communications with everyone associated with the project, from vendors and contractors to stakeholders and customers.
· Safety Awareness and commitment – The SPM is responsible for understanding the Company’s commitment and Policy Program and proactively implementing and advocating safety in all operations.
· Quality Assurance skills – Ability to implement Quality Assurance process resulting in the delivery of high quality work while meeting all deadlines (short or long).
· Proven Management/Leadership – Ability to lead cross functional teams and develop skills sets within assigned staff to successfully and efficiently performance of assigned projects
· Transportation Technology – Understanding of the role of technology in current and Future Roadway Transportation and ability to work within that discipline
· Electrical/Computer Engineering/ Internet of Things (IOT) – Demonstrated ability to work together with customers and internal teams within the evolving technical environment of networking and integration,
· Electronic system installation, commissioning and troubleshooting environment.
· Ability to manage and monitor technical teams and individual operating in field locations and remotely.
· Ability to build a team and be a team player.
· Ability to prioritize and adapt schedules / plans to changing circumstances
· Ability to interface with customers and staff to transfer relevant knowledge to a technical and field construction workforce.
· Ability to interface with customers and vendors to integrate new product applications.
· Understanding the practical applications of engineering science and technology applying principles, techniques, procedures and methods to the design, installation and maintenance of field deployed systems.
· Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree in Civil, Transportation, Computer Science, Electrical, or Electronics related field is required.
· Ten (10) years or more experience in technical management experience preferred.
· Transportation Technology, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Traffic Data Monitoring/Collection experience is preferred and can substitute for up to five (5) years of total experience.
· Computer and technology skills (MS Office Suite & Windows Operating Systems)
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/responsibility satisfactorily.
· Must have a strong desire to work in the field at the site of ongoing projects.
· Ability to read, interpret, modify or create project specific documents such as technical, operational, maintenance and procedure documentation.
· Ability to write technical reports and correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skill and Reasoning Ability
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Valid driver’s license.
· The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· The work environment is a mix of field activities during test and evaluation activities or project delivery activities, as well as a typical business environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Will require some travel and outside of office performance.
· We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K and paid time off in addition to great career growth opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply at www.digitaltrafficsystems.com https://www.digitaltrafficsystems.com/careers (https://www.indeedjobs.com/digital-traffic-systems-inc/_hl/en_US)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. Postings located at: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_ 508c.pdf
To apply for this job email your details to Laura.Stephens@digitaltrafficsystems.com.